Okay, people, it’s T-minus 7 days until Christmas and I still have not:
- Finished my shopping—and I forgot about that whole “shipping” thing with online shopping. This means I may have to venture out into the world to finish up. *shudder*
- Sent my Christmas cards
- Taken my Christmas photo to put IN the Christmas cards
- Bought gifts for the helpers at daycare, and Boy #3’s last day before vacation is TOMORROW
- Done ANY Christmas baking
- Gotten my dog groomed so he doesn’t look like a mangy mutt at Christmas
- Gotten my dog trained so he doesn’t ACT like a mangy mutt at Christmas
- Determined our menu for Christmas Eve
And on top of all this, I’m behind in two freelance projects, a major winter storm is headed our way this afternoon, and, oh, did I mention that I have STREP THROAT?!
Just what I flipping needed.
At least today I’m not bedridden like I was yesterday (except for throwing on a pink stocking cap with coffee stains on it over my completely wild bedhead so I could take my van in to the body shop, pick up my rental car, and then crawl in to the doctor’s office begging for some relief).
In fact, I recall that I even called my sister and asked her if she’d come over and shoot me to put me out of my misery. She said that she didn’t think she’d be able to go through with it.
What a wuss.
So now that I’m actually able to sit up and be somewhat coherent, I see how much there is to do and I just want to go crawl back under the covers.
I think I really need a dose of A Charlie Brown Christmas to get me back in the spirit. Here’s a snippet, in case you’re feeling the week-before-Christmas-crunch as well.
God bless Linus and that damn blanket.