Christmas is WHEN?!
Okay, people, it’s T-minus 7 days until Christmas and I still have not:
- Finished my shopping—and I forgot about that whole “shipping” thing with online shopping. This means I may have to venture out into the world to finish up. *shudder*
- Sent my Christmas cards
- Taken my Christmas photo to put IN the Christmas cards
- Bought gifts for the helpers at daycare, and Boy #3’s last day before vacation is TOMORROW
- Done ANY Christmas baking
- Gotten my dog groomed so he doesn’t look like a mangy mutt at Christmas
- Gotten my dog trained so he doesn’t ACT like a mangy mutt at Christmas
- Determined our menu for Christmas Eve
And on top of all this, I’m behind in two freelance projects, a major winter storm is headed our way this afternoon, and, oh, did I mention that I have STREP THROAT?!
Just what I flipping needed.
At least today I’m not bedridden like I was yesterday (except for throwing on a pink stocking cap with coffee stains on it over my completely wild bedhead so I could take my van in to the body shop, pick up my rental car, and then crawl in to the doctor’s office begging for some relief).
In fact, I recall that I even called my sister and asked her if she’d come over and shoot me to put me out of my misery. She said that she didn’t think she’d be able to go through with it.
What a wuss.
So now that I’m actually able to sit up and be somewhat coherent, I see how much there is to do and I just want to go crawl back under the covers.
I think I really need a dose of A Charlie Brown Christmas to get me back in the spirit. Here’s a snippet, in case you’re feeling the week-before-Christmas-crunch as well.
God bless Linus and that damn blanket.
I think Christmas just kind of snuck up on everybody this year.
Good luck with your Christmas shopping and I hope you get better very soon.
You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! HUGS!
about to check off on Saturday- along with wrapping everything.
Don’t have a dog and we go out on Christmas Eve.
Only because I spazzed out Tuesday when I realized Christmas was NEXT week?!??
Getting going girlie!!!!
Here’s some geezerly advice….
1. take photo at Christmas
2. send New Year Cards
3. look and see what gifts you can cut out for Christmas
4. if you feel you need to bake, buy slice and bake cookies and let the boys ice and decorate.
5. leave your dog mangy…nobody cares but you
6. put on Johnny Mathis CD and relax (even tho at least one granddaughter thought the music was a little creepy) and just thank God for all…maybe strep is a signal from God to slow down a little…or maybe it’s just an evil little germ.
Relax….all too soon you and Art will be asking each other if the kids called today 🙂
Love, Someone who’s been there
(Well, not the strep throat part, and not the mangy dog part)
Woah, I’m sorry about the strep!! That’s the craps!!
I agree about skipping the dog grooming, unless you are having a dog show at your house on Christmas, who cares. My dog’s nails are about 4 inches long, each. It hasn’t even made it to my to-do list yet.
Yeah, send cards later. I feel guilty because I haven’t done Christmas cards since before #2 was born. At least you have the intent to do them. That’s good enough!!! Why I was just telling myself today, “boy, I sure hope someone holds out and sends me a really nice Valentine’s card in the mail.” So there you go!!!
First, I have to tell you…I was in Urban Outfitters at the Mall of America, and they have the Linus Blanket!! How cool is that!
Anyway…strep sucks. I hate hate HATE when the kids bring that home. I always get it a hundred times worse than the kids. I begged my sister too, no dice. I hope you are feeling better!!!
I just got Boo’s teacher gifts today over lunch…her party is tomorrow. Whoops.
Fritz Facts, I NEED the Linus Blanket! Would it be wrong if I drug it behind me everywhere I went??