National Mom’s Nite Out is May 7, and my friend Jody (Iowa Geek and Have Kid Will Travel) and I are co-hosting the Des Moines party! This is the first year for this event, but I know it’s going to become a huge annual party! Here’s what the founder says about why she wanted to start this celebration:
“Our goal in hosting National Mom’s Nite Out is to unite Moms all over the country prior to Mother’s Day,” says Maria Bailey, Author of “The Ultimate Mom Book” (HCI, 2009) and Host of Mom Talk Radio. “Most moms spend Mother’s Day taking care of the other mothers in their lives so we hope to give moms a well deserved night off right before Mother’s Day.”
Thursday, May 7, 7-10 pm
At All Play (formerly In Play) 615 3rd St., Des Moines
Listen, Des Moines-Area Moms (or Moms-to-Be), you should really take advantage of this night away from bedtime routines, homework, and your nightly “mommial” duties and join us! Why? Oh, I don’t know, maybe one of THESE reasons will be enough to convince you:
- It’s FREE.
- There will be FOOD—GOOD FOOD. (That you don’t have to MAKE or CLEAN UP AFTER.)
- It’s at All Play, which is super fun!
- You won’t have to hear, “Mooooom, I need a glass of water!”
- You can win FABULOUS PRIZES donated by local businesses that love moms!
- You can register online to win FABULOUS PRIZES donated by huge national sponsors!
- You can hang out with me and Jody. (Oh, I probably should’ve made that #1.)
- You can meet and mingle with other awesome moms like yourself.
- Mmm . . . Momtinis . . .
- You can learn more about how momhood and social media intersect.
Here are some of our local sponsors and their donation. I’ll continue to update this as more sponsors keep rolling in!
- Our conference space, courtesy of All Play
- Our local Godiva retail store in Jordan Creek Town Center will be bringing a mobile dipping booth filled with warm chocolate- and plenty of goodies to dip in it!
- A witty Des Moines T from SMASH
- A scrap pak from Archiver’s in West Des Moines (and a little something for the first 40 ladies in the door)
- A gift certificate from CJ’s Bagel Bakery in Ankeny
- A Poken, the cutest social networking tool around, from Your Online Go To Gal (tip: she’s a great resource if you are interested in social media)
- A beautiful bag from Janine King Designs
We also have representatives from:
- Mary Kay
- Pampered Chef
(If you are a Des Moines area business and want to take part in the great event contact Jody. )
This is going to be a great evening for moms only. Please let us know if you plan to come by Clicking Here. You don’t have to do the entire survey, just answer the first question so we can have an idea of numbers. We don’t want to run out of chocolate!!!
Don’t forget to visit the National Mom’s Nite Out site to register for great prizes.
Can’t make it to an event but still want to be part of the fun? There will be over 100 giveaways on Twitter (#mno-09).
So, we’ll see you there, right? RIGHT?!