Back by popular demand! Well, one or two people indicated that they missed it, anyway…
It’s Thrifitilicious Thursday! Where I share my “frugal” (sounds so much nicer than “cheap-ass”) side with you in the hopes that you, too, can find a bargain and save a buck.
I’ve been busy visiting my favorite Goodwill stores. The key is to visit fairly regularly in order to catch the really good deals. I’ll spare a recount of all the bargains I’ve scored, but I will highlight a few for you.
1) A wooden table with a black “distressed” finish to use as a bedside table instead of the cheap particle board thing I was using that fell over if you even breathed on it. Price? $7.99. Whoo-hoo!
2) A Plasma ride-on car for the boys. They had just had fun with their cousin’s a few weeks earlier, and I knew they cost anywhere from $40 to $70 new. My price? $6.99!
3) An armful of Magic Tree House books that I’m saving for Boy #2 for Christmas. At 89 cents apiece, I couldn’t pass them up! And I’ve got one more thing crossed off the Christmas to-do list.
4) Numerous back-to-school clothes for the boys, including Abercrombie and Aeropostale shirts for Boy #1 and numerous Gap and other brand-name clothing for all three boys as well. None of these look like they have been worn more than a few times, if that. Someone has boys who aren’t quite as destructive with clothes as mine are! But at $1.99 each, the clothes satisfy the boys’ wants and my tight budget. All we really need to get now is a couple pairs of shorts and jeans for Boy #1, who is really hard to fit right now, and we’re good to go!
5) Two packs of never-opened Kodak photo paper. Only $1.99 each! I’ll definitely get my money’s worth printing out pictures!
Those are just a few of my finds. Don’t be afraid to check out your local thrift shop. You gotta get used to the smell, but once your nose adjusts, you’ll find treasures just waiting for you!
Walgreens is having some great specials, including a coupon for $5 off any $20 purchase, good only TODAY! Click here to get the coupon. Also, you can get 25 bonus 4×6 prints if you order 45 at the Walgreens photo center, good until August 2. Just use the code FATCAMERA at checkout! Print out those photos, and then preserve them in an album—from ME! Enter my contest (above) or order anything off my Web site and get 15% off. Just email me and let me know what you’d like!
And speaking of saving money, make sure you visit Jody and sign up for her contest! She’s giving away Dave Ramsey’s book Total Money Makeover and the workbook! Husband and I are taking the Dave Ramsey course beginning in September. If we live through our rigorous debt-eliminating boot camp, I’m sure I’ll have many stories to tell!
So what Thriftilicious Finds have you stumbled upon? Got any great ideas for saving money at back-to-school time? Leave a comment and share with everyone!
Here’s hoping you have a Thriftilicious rest of your day!