My awesome friend Jody is hosting Iowa’s premiere blogging conference Nov. 14-15, and seriously, it’s going to ROCK! There are so many reasons you should attend I_Blog, but I thought I’d break it down for you in a Top Ten list, Letterman-style.
10. You don’t have to be a blogger! Don’t have a blog yet but interested in hearing more about blogging or social media? Sign up! You’ll have a chance to get some one-on-one time with some of the Midwest’s best bloggers, including the conference sponsor, Jody, from Iowa Geek and Have Kid Will Travel, Melanie from Blogging Basics 101, Darcy from My 3 Boybarians, and Deb from DebWorks. No pressure, no worries! Just a great weekend of geekiness and socializing!
9. The Hotel Pattee is BEAUTIFUL! I had the chance to have lunch there with Jody and Kara (my I_Blog roomie) last month, and I was blown away by this hidden gem. Themed rooms, a bowling alley and a spa in the basement, and architecture that will leave you breathless…the Hotel Pattee will not disappoint!
8. You will hear a truly amazing story from Jennic Law, owner of KangarooBoo, and keynote speaker. Her life has been one that should be told in a book, and she’s going to share it with us on Sunday. I know the basics of her story, but I am still completely looking forward to hearing it firsthand from her. You will not believe it; she is an inspiration for us all!
7. Interested in writing or graphic design? You’re in luck! Becky from Becky Mollenkamp Creative Services and Darcy from Graphically Designing will be sharing their knowledge, giving pointers, and answering questions! They’ll be totally accessible so you can pick their brains (maybe over a I_Blogini?)!
6. Speaking of the I_Blogini, yes, this conference even has its own drink! I’ve had a chance to taste it and, mmmmm, totally worth the trip!
5. Ask an accountant questions about blogging, freelance jobs, or anything else (within reason :), and you won’t have to pay a dime! Cost is covered in your registration fee. BJ from Ankeny Tax and Accounting will be speaking and answering your questions. With the end of the year in sight, this will be a very timely opportunity!
4. Registration is only $75! Seriously, that is CHEAP. Having been to a few other blogging conferences, I can vouch that you’ll pay much, MUCH more to attend a blogging conference elsewhere! Jody is doing her darndest to make it affordable for people to attend, and I think that is so commendable. She is not making a dime on the conference; in fact, I’m sure she’s going to be spending her own money on much of it (I can tell you that because she’s my best bloggy girlfriend.). She is organizing this because she is passionate about blogging AND Iowa, and wanted to create an opportunity for people to experience both in one weekend!
3. You can win a FREE registration from Creative Memories! But you have to leave a comment on the I_Blog Conference site TODAY to be eligible. Because she ROCKS, Jody has lined up some AMAZING sponsors, including Creative Memories. Okay, people, just for attending you will receive the Storybook Creator Plus 3.0, which is a $65 value!! (Hmm…okay, so doing the math, that means it’s only costing you $10 for the conference…Awesome!!) Creative Memories is also sponsoring a Digi-Scrap party on Saturday night. AND one lucky winner will receive a free conference sponsorship from Creative Memories!! But register TODAY for a chance to be chosen! Having been a Creative Memories consultant for several years, I can tell you that the Storybook Creator Plus is the best digital scrapbooking software out there. And there is so much more you can do with it besides just scrapping! I am so stoked that Creative Memories is sponsoring the conference!
2. HP is giving away a HP Photosmart Premium with Touchsmart Web Printer to one lucky attendee! Seriously!! Jody and I had the opportunity to play with this at the Type-A Mom Conference last month, and it is SO COOL! I don’t even think this has hit the stores yet, it is THAT NEW! Kudos to HP for agreeing to provide such a kick-arse prize!!! Can you imagine coming home and showing your husband the printer? You know he’ll be begging you to attend I_Blog NEXT year!
And the Number One reason to attend I_Blog is . . .
1. I’ll be there! Okay, that may not be the number one reason you should come, but really, I’d love to hang out with you! Jody is working soooo hard to make this an unforgettable conference, and I am so impressed with what she is putting together. I know you’ll be too! It’s going to be a fun weekend of getting to know one another, learning, not to mention eating and drinking! So just do it; you know you want to!
Find out all the details at iblogconference.com!